During a special recognition during Tuesday’s Glennville City Council meeting, the Faith Riders honored newly-resworn Mayor Chris Roessler.
In a touching ceremony, Mayor Roessler was made an honorary Glennville Faith Rider in a certificate that read:
This certificate is awarded to Chris Roessler whereas Mayor of Glennville,
- Mayor Roessler worked above and beyond his duty;
- Mayor Roessler instituted a fundraiser at Rotary Corporation to purchase wreaths for the Glennville Faith Riders;
- If it weren’t for his efforts, we would not have reached our goal during the 2013, 2014, and 2015 Christmas seasons to provide wreaths at Georgia Veterans Memorial Cemetery;
- His efforts have not gone unnoticed;
- Without your assistance, we would not be able to assist the citizens of Tattnall County. We take great pride in the work and we present this award as a Glennville Faith Rider.
Mayor Roessler expressed his deepest appreciation for the award saying, “These fine gentleman and ladies do a fine job for the veterans at the cemetery…I will do all I can to support this group and what they do.”
Their work is especially important to Mayor Roessler as his mother is buried at Veterans Memorial Cemetery.