This week’s AllOnGeorgia Player of the Week honors brought to you by Jim Aaron’s Summerville McDonalds go to Trion Football’s Kade Smith.
Trion quarterback Kade Smith was 10-of-14 passing for 207 yards and two touchdowns playing only the first half and the first series of the second half in a 42-0 victory over Chattooga.
Smith is only the third Bulldog quarterback in history to pass for over 1000 yards in a season, with three regular season games left and a playoff run.
Smith, a sophomore turns 16 years old today, guaranteeing Trion Football fans at least two more years of a high passing offense.
Smith has been playing football for nine years and in addition to football he plays baseball and is the shortstop.
His favorite sports team is the Georgia Bulldogs.
When asked who his role model is he had this to say: “My role model is my grandmother, JJ, she has had two open heart surgeries to correct a heart defect that she was born with. She is one of the strongest individual I’ve ever met.”
After high school he plans to attend college and eventually hopes to be a football or baseball coach.
More about Kade:
- Favorite hobby: “Playing golf with my friends.”
- Most important thing he has learned from his coach: “F.A.M.I.L.Y (Forget about me I love you)”
- Best football moment: “Beating Social Circle 55-21 in the first round of the playoffs last year.”
- Goals on the football field: “For our team to win a state tittle and for me to get better everyday as a player and a teammate.”
- Pre-game routine: “I usually listen to music and chill out and get my mind focused on what I need to do during the game.”
- Best thing about his teammates: “They show up everyday and work to get better, and they are always there for me whenever I need them.”
- Favorite Class: U.S History; Favorite teacher: Coach Sanders
- GPA: 4.0
- Parents are Al and Haley Smith
- Best advice ever received: “Coach Patrick always tells us “Win, lose, or draw, God is good.”
- Favorite food: Steak and rice