In this week’s Map Monday, we examine the most well-funded tech startups in every state across the country.
The infographic shows the top tech startups in every US state, as determined by funding totals
- The most well-funded US tech startup is California’s Uber, with $15.7B in disclosed equity funding (as of 1/15/2019). It is followed by New York’s Infor ($2.6B in equity funding) and Florida’s Magic Leap ($2.4B).
- Our map includes 9 unicorn companies valued at $1B+, including ride-hailing company Uber ($72B valuation), video game developer Epic Games ($15B), and direct-to-consumer teeth alignment startup Smile Direct Club ($3.2B).
- 8 startups on the map have raised over $1B in total disclosed financing: Uber, Infor, Kabbage, Magic Leap, Avant, Epic Games, OneWeb, and IO Data Centers. Of these, all but OneWeb and IO Data Centers are valued at $1B or more.
- Including the 8 startups mentioned above, a total of 29 companies on the map have raised $100M or more in funding.
- 16 of the VC-backed startups on our list have raised less than $50M in equity. The VC-backed startup with the least funding on this list is South Dakota’s Covered Insurance Solutions.
More information here.