On Thursday, January 7, 2021, five members of the Harris County Board of Education were sworn in by Harris County Probate Judge Thomas Lakes. The board members were joined by family members for the event.
Participating board members included:
- Shane Lipp: re-elected to represent District 1 and voted in as board chair
- Garnett Ray: re-elected to represent District 3 and voted in as board vice chair
- Scott Greene: re-elected to represent District 4
- Harry Proctor: elected to represent District 5 after serving in the vacant position left when Bethany Lucas resigned
- Steve Goodnoe: re-elected to represent District 6 Super District
Other board members include Bridgett Oliver (District 2) and Dr. Monica Sparks (District 7 Super District).