The 5th Motor Carrier Officer (MCO) School of the Georgia Department of Public Safety Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD) was released on Monday, by Colonel Gary Vowell, Commissioner of the Department of Public Safety, Major Jeremy Vickery, Commanding Officer of the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD) and Lt. Andrew Montgomery, MCCD Training Coordinator.
After 24 weeks of intense training, eight new MCCD officers will report to inspection stations throughout the state. Graduation was postponed due to the COVID-19 epidemic and will take place later.
The following graduates were recognized for their leadership:
- President; MCO Christopher Gammon,
- Sergeant-At-Arms; MCO Joshua Jordan,
- Treasurer; MCO Justin Price,
- Pennant Bearer; Brandon Lumley
- Chaplain; MCO Timothy Shafer.
Four of the graduates received special honors for top performance in the following areas:
- Driving Proficiency Award – MCO Tucker Porter
- Firearms Proficiency Award – MCO Joshua Jordan
- Top Gun Award – MCO Joshua Jordan
- Academic Award – MCO Christopher Gammon
The new graduates are assigned to one of the 10 regions throughout the state.
|Quentravious Felton||Ashburn, GA||Region 6|
|Christopher Gammon||Dacula, GA||Region 3|
|Joshua Jordan||Milner, GA||Region 6|
|Brandon Lumley||Ailey, GA||Region 7|
|Tucker Porter||Canton, GA||Region 2|
|Justin Price||Claxton, GA||Region 7|
|Chase Randall||Adairsville, GA||Region 1|
|Timothy Shafer||Commerce, GA||Region 2|