Connect with us

Crime & Safety

“Davis House” Fire Ruled Accidental

Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner John F. King announced that a 19th-century home known as the “Davis House” was heavily damaged by fire on November 14.

706ProRoof.com

“On Tuesday, the Dekalb County Fire Department was notified of a fire by an alarm system in the residence,” said Commissioner King. “Upon arrival, they found flames pouring from the front porch area and extending to the roof. After an in-depth fire scene examination, our investigators determined the cause to be a short circuit in the residence’s electrical wiring. As a result, this fire has been classified as accidental in nature.”

The fire originated in the men’s parlor room closest to the front entrance of the structure. Baseboards in the corner were modified to fit electrical wiring for the room; following the short circuit, the wiring continued to heat up until nearby combustible materials reached their ignition point.

Our office worked with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, the DeKalb County Fire Department, and the Stone Mountain Fire and Police Departments.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *