Chattooga County’s 4-H BB team is geared up for the Target Challenge Weekend- State BB Match, held at Rock Eagle 4-H Center this Saturday, May 5th.
Shooters representing Chattooga County tomorrow include: Abram Williams, Autumn Williams, Dylan Adams, Gavin Collier, Michael Cordle, Penelope Jones, Nasiah McVay, Quintin Patterson, Addison Anderson, Halle Lively, Joshua Willingham, Abigal Ayers, Reagan Tallent, Brittonie Cordle, Tanner Nutter, Tyleah Fonceca, and James Wester. The team is coached by volunteers: Clyde Patterson, Bo Conner, and Will Thompson.
The BB Gun (5 meter Air Rifle) team has the following objectives: to enhance youth development of self-concept, character and personal growth through safe,
educational and socially acceptable involvement in shooting activities.
• To involve youth in a life skills program that teaches safe and responsible use of shooting
sports equipment including sound decision-making, self-discipline and concentration.
• To promote the highest standards of safety, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
• To expose participants to the broad array of vocational and life-long avocation activities
related to shooting sports.
• To strengthen families through participation in life-long recreational activities.
• To complement and enhance the impact of existing safety, shooting and hunter education
programs using experiential (hands on) educational methods and progressive development of skills and abilities.
Each student representing Chattooga County had to qualify to be in the state tournament. The order of fire for the State Tournament will be 10 shots prone, 10 shots standing, 10 shots sitting and 10 shots kneeling. Each person will have 10 minutes to fire 10 shots per position. Each person may have unlimited sighting shots during each 10 minute time limit. 10 bullseye targets fired at 5 meters.
At the state match, there will also be a safety exam will be taken by each 4-H’er for an additional 100 points. Exam questions will come from the 4-H BB Safety Guide. The exam score makes up the fifth position and is included in tabulating total score for overall high individual and team scores.