Connect with us

Chattooga Local News

Celebrate Independence Festival & Fireworks Show To Be Held Saturday June 29

Celebrate Independence Festival & Fireworks Show To Be Held Saturday June 29

The City of Summerville proudly presents the 2019 Celebrate Independence Festival & Fireworks Show. The free community event will be held at the Chattooga County Agricultural Centeron Saturday, June 29. The festival and fireworks show is a long time family affair and one of the best fireworks shows in northwest Georgia! Free water slide play, free sliced watermelon, sack race games, a dunking booth, concert, Cornhole tournament, and, of course, the fabulous fireworks finale will keep smiles on the faces of event goers throughout the evening Attendees can access the festival at the Summerville Middle School entrance and the Chattooga County C.E.R.T. Team will be assisting with parking. Depending on the weather, parking may be limited.

This year’s festivities will kick off at 5:00 p.m. Families will have the opportunity to come early and enjoy the free waterslide play from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. Local vendors will be on site offering a variety of foods for families wishing to picnic.  Free waterslides and a dunking booth will run from 5:00 -9:00 p.m.The traditional sack races will also take place throughout this time. Free watermelon slices will also be given out while supplies last.

Registration for teams of 2 wishing to compete in the Corn holeTournament will be taken at the covered arena beginning at 5:30 p.m. Team registration will conclude at 6:00 p.m. The Corn holeregistration fee is set at $20.00 per team, with the winning team taking 60% of the pot and second place team taking the remaining 40%.

The Greasy Pole Climbing Contest will get started at 5:00 p.m. Attendees’ wishing to try their skills at defeating the pole, ages 12-20 will have a chance at winning a $50 bill if they make it to the top. Contestants must register and have a release waiver signed before competing.

Small Town Rumor will be in concert, keeping the music flowing from 7:00 -10:00 p.m. with their sounds of country, southern rock, and today’s top 40 hits. It is suggested to bring lawn chairs, blankets, and dancing shoes for this evening of entertainment.

At 10:00 p.m. the City of Summerville is set to deliver a spectacular fireworks show. The 15 minute show is set to highlight a wide array of fireworks exploding from 300 – 1,000 feet in the air. While there will be many vantage points to view the fireworks show, the Chattooga County Agricultural Center is an ideal location. Those wishing to view the fireworks display at the Ag Center should proceed to this area well in advance for parking.

For more information contact the Summerville Recreation Department at (706) 859-0910.  

Villeda Concrete
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

  • Attorney Ken Bruce
  • Georgia Northwestern

All On Georgia on YouTube

Deprecated: Function related_posts is deprecated since version 5.12.0! Use yarpp_related instead. in /var/app/current/src/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5379