The Camden County Board of Elections & Registration (BoER) is working with the Office of the Georgia Secretary of State while they are conducting their routine and legally required maintenance to the state voter roll.
Camden County has 5,919 inactive voters who may be cancelled if appropriate action by the voter is not taken before December 7, 2019.
Having an accurate voter list is important in order to ensure that on Election Day, there are suitable polling facilities, an appropriate number of staff and poll workers at each location, and the BoER is able to provide the voter with a timely experience from check-in to casting their ballot.
Per Georgia code (O.C.G.A. § 21-2-234), a voter becomes inactive when one of these conditions is met:
- A voter files a change of address request with the USPS indicating a move out of state or county.
- Official election mail is returned undeliverable.
- A person has no contact with elections officials for 5 years, including not voting in any election, not signing any petition, not renewing a driver’s license, and not updating their voter registration.
Notices to inactive voters were mailed to the voter’s last known address on November 6, 2019. Voters will have 30 days, until December 6, 2019, to respond before cancellation.
There are several ways a voter can respond to a cancellation notice:
- Visit the BoER Offices located on the first floor of the Government Services Complex at 200 E. 4th Street in Woodbine, where you can update your registration in person;
- Visit the Georgia – My Voter Page (MVP), maintained by the Office of the Secretary of State, located online at: https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do to check their registration status and polling location as well as request an absentee ballot.
- On your smart phone or tablet by downloading the GA SOS mobile app.