The Camden County Board of Commissioners is seeking applicants to fill two (2) vacancies on the St. Marys River Management Committee (SMRMC).
The SMRMC is an intergovernmental entity of elected and appointed members from four (4) counties along the St. Marys River including Camden, Charlton, Nassau and Baker counties. The committee is made up of individuals who are involved because of a personal commitment to the St. Marys River. The committee meets monthly to discuss, develop and implement plans and programs in regards to the St. Marys River. The Committee prepares and presents to each County Commission an annual report.
Qualifications for applicants include the following:
- Must reside in Camden County
- Personal commitment to the issues and challenges facing the St. Marys River
- Have the ability to actively participate in the efforts of the Committee.
- Ability to attend regularly scheduled monthly meetings held on the first Monday of every month at 7:00 p.m. at the Callahan Volunteer Fire Department Conference Center located at 542300 US Hwy 1 in Callahan, Florida.
- One vacancy requires the applicant to own property in Camden County along the St. Marys River.
Qualified Applicants should submit their intent to serve via the County website,
featured on the homepage under Services, Online Forms, Citizen Board Application Form. If you have any questions you may call 912-576-5651. Positions shall remain open until filled.