The Statesboro Police Department has positions available for Certified Police Officers. Eligible applicants are being offered hiring bonuses as part of a pilot program until the end of June 2018. The bonuses depend on certification and prior military service. See information below.
Certified Police Officer Bonus
Eligibility: To be eligible the applicant must have served with a “Full Service Law Enforcement Agency” in a full time sworn capacity within the past 5 years, the agency must have a minimum of 15 full-time sworn positions. “Full Service Law Enforcement Agency” is defined as an agency that responds to calls for service, makes arrests and files criminal cases without the service/help of another law enforcement agency.
– Ga POST Certified no experience – $1,000.00 bonus
– Ga POST Certified less than 2 years experience – $2,000.00 bonus
– Ga POST Certified 2-5 years experience – $3,000.00 bonus
– Ga POST Certified 5 + years experience – $4,000.00 bonus
– Out of State Certified Law Enforcement experience (minimum 2 years) – $1,500.00
Military Service Bonus
– 4 years of Active Duty Military Service with Honorable Discharge – $1,000.00
More information regarding bonus payment schedule and other conditions can be found by clicking HERE.