Memorial Health will be opening the first children’s hospital in Southeast Georgia this Tuesday, March 9. The Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital of Savannah is located next to Memorial Health.
The hospital has 50 beds, plus 18 emergency room beds. The design and decor are colorful and comforting for children, with a few Savannah-themed aspects. A hospital therapy dog, Penelope, is on site to lend comfort and support to children, families, and hospital staff.
According to Memorial Health’s website, the facility also includes:
- Café on the first floor
- Child-life room
- Dedicated radiology suite
- Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
- Pediatric sedation and infusion unit
- Pediatric specialty unit for patients with bleeding disorders, cancer or after certain surgeries
- Perioperative suite featuring pre-surgical/post-surgical rooms, central sterile processing station and four operating rooms
- Surgical care unit
- Teen room
Other children’s hospitals closest to the area are in Augusta, Jacksonville, and Charleston.
Visit the Dwaine & Cynthia Willett Children’s Hospital of Savannah online HERE for more information.