The Georgia Bureau of Investigation says an arrest has been made following an investigation into sexual abuse of children.
The GBI said Friday that Johnny Lee Summers, 55, was arrested on Wednesday, June 10, 2020, on multiple charges by the North Myrtle Beach, SC Department of Public Safety. Summers has been charged in Georgia with the following:
- Two felony counts of rape
- Two felony counts of aggravated child molestation
- Three felony counts of child molestation
- Two felony counts of cruelty to children
- One felony count of enticing a child for indecent purposes
- Two misdemeanor counts for battery family violence
- Two misdemeanor counts of simple assault
On December 5, 2019, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was requested by the Chattahoochee Hills Police Department to investigate allegations of child molestation made against Johnny Lee Summers who was a foster parent. At the time of the allegations, Summers, and his wife, were fostering four siblings in their home.
The investigation has revealed that Summers molested and/or abused all four children in his care. The children range in age from 8 to 16 years old and lived in the home for approximately 4 years.
Additional charges are expected. Summers is presently in custody at the Horry County, SC Sheriff’s Office and awaiting extradition.