Trick or Treat!!
With Halloween and sweet treats in mind, this week’s Map Monday takes a look at the favorite Halloween candy by state.
The 2019 information is from CandyStore.com‘s analysis of sales data from the last twelve years.
- 172 million Americans celebrate Halloween
- Nearly 1/4 of all Halloween purchases are made online
- Among those who celebrate Halloween, 95% will purchase candy
- They will spend about $25 on average
- Over 50% of parents stash some Halloween candy to enjoy later in the year
You can scroll over the interactive map to see the top candy choice in each state.
America’s Favorite Halloween Candy
- Reese’s Cups
- Candy Corn
- Hot Tamales
- Tootsie Pops
- Sour Patch Kids
In Georgia, Jolly Rancher came in as the top purchase.
What’s your favorite Halloween treat?