Connect with us

Health

Georgia DPH Says Its Received Reports of People Ingesting Bleach-Like Product

The Department of Public Health says it has received reports people are using diluted chlorine dioxide to “treat” COVID-19. Chlorine dioxide is a bleach-like cleaning agent.

The Department of Public Health has received reports people are using diluted chlorine dioxide to “treat” COVID-19. Chlorine dioxide is a bleach-like cleaning agent and, if ingested, can have severe, adverse health effects, including death.

Chlorine dioxide products have not been shown to be safe and effective for any use, including treatment of COVID-19. Products are being marketed under various names: MSS, Miracle Mineral Solution, Master Mineral Solution, Water Purification Solution, CDS, Aqueous Chlorine Dioxide and others.

Ingesting chlorine dioxide products can lead to:

  • Respiratory failure
  • Potentially fatal abnormal heart rhythms
  • Life-threatening low blood pressure caused by dehydration
  • Acute liver failure
  • Low blood cell counts
  • Severe vomiting
  • Severe diarrhea

Chlorine dioxide are the active ingredients in disinfectants and have additional industrial uses. They are not meant to be swallowed by people.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Avatar

    NELDA SMITH

    August 28, 2020 at 1:59 am

    CHLORINE DIOXIDE HAS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS…USED BY HUNTERS AND CAMPERS TO PURIFY CREEK / STREAM WATER AND BY HOMES WHERE WATER PURITY IS IN QUESTION. IF DPH IS NOT GIVING COVID PATIENTS HCQ, DPH SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *