The Trion Library is looking for a 17 hour part time employee.
The Sara Hightower Regional Library is looking for a motivated person to work part-time at the Trion Public Library, located at 15 Bulldog Blvd, Trion, GA 30753. Applications are available at any Sara Hightower Regional Library branch or at
The best candidate will be bilingual (English/Spanish) and have experience with computers and customer service as this position requires direct contact with library patrons. Must be able to work flexible hours Monday through Friday. Standing, bending, and lifting are a requirement of the job.
They are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time; hourly
Hours: 17 hours per week
Pay: $9.00 per hour
Application Deadline: Aug 12, 2022
POSITION: Part Time
Library Assistant I / (Maximum 17 hours per week)
DEPARTMENT: Trion Public Library
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for checking items in and out, shelving items and performing a variety of duties in support of the library branch.
– Provides services to patrons in public service work areas by checking materials in and out, answering general reference questions, issuing new cards, and responding to telephone inquiries.
– Sorts and shelves returned items.
– Maintains all collections in an orderly and presentable manner, paying special attention to display books.
– Retrieves and checks in drop-box items.
– Reads and straightens shelves.
– Checks computers and shelves for overdue and lost items.
– Other duties as assigned by the department head.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
– Knowledge of library cataloging system.
– Knowledge of library policies and procedures.
– Knowledge of all collections owned by the library.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Skill in operating a personal computer and printer.
– Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal system.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The department head assigns work in terms of general instructions. Work is spot-checked for accuracy and compliance with instructions.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include library policies and procedures and equipment manuals. These guidelines are clear and specific, but require some interpretation in application.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to provide service to patrons entering the library to locate and check materials in and out of the library. By shelving the returned library materials in a timely manner and reading the shelves for accuracy, patrons are assured efficient access to library materials.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with patrons and co-workers.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to provide services, give and exchange information, and resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Physical demands require intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, bending and crouching. The employee must frequently lift light objects and occasionally lift heavy objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is typically performed in a library.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED.