The City of Summerville held a dedication ceremony on Saturday, January 8th. City officials dedicated the newly resurfaced basketball courts at the Fairway Recreation Center as the Senorise Perry Basketball Courts.
“This means a lot,” Perry told the crowd gathered for the dedication after the sign was uncovered that reads Senorise Perry Basketball Courts. “For a small town kid like me personally, I’m truly grateful.”
”I will never forget where home is,” Perry said.
The dedication follows Chattooga High School’s retirement of Perry’s #32 jersey. On October 29th, Chattooga High School retired their first jersey, Senorise Perry’s football jersey (#32).
As a Summerville Rec league player and throughout his career at Chattooga County Schools, Perry was a multi-sport standout athlete.
PRO: The Titans signed Senorise Perry during the 2020 offseason to add depth and special teams experience to the running back rotation. The former University of Louisville product has made his mark in the NFL on special teams coverage units and as a kickoff returner. The 6-foot, 210-pounder entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the Chicago Bears in 2014. Perry has also spent time with the Miami Dolphins (2016-18) and the Buffalo Bills (2019).
• Perry wasn’t among the rookie free agents signed in the days following the 2014 NFL Draft. He hit the tryout circuit and hoped to make an impression. Perry was one of two players signed by the Chicago Bears after a May tryout. He excelled on special teams in the preseason games and sealed his 53-man roster spot as an undrafted free agent.
• Perry excelled in track and field as a high school senior, winning the Georgia state titles in the 100 meters and long jump.
• Perry’s hobbies include photography and he has a desire to learn how to deep sea fish.
• The best advice Perry has received came from his mother. She said, “always believe in yourself and trust in the man above.”
• The Summerville, Ga., native was originally signed by the Chicago Bears as a rookie free agent on May 19, 2014.
• Waived by the Bears on Aug. 28, 2016 and signed to the team’s practice squad on Sept. 4, 2016.
• Released from the Bears’ practice squad on Sept. 13, 2016.
• Signed by the Miami Dolphins to their practice squad on Oct. 12, 2016.
• Signed by the Dolphins to a future’s contract on Jan. 10, 2017.
• Signed by the Buffalo Bills as an unrestricted free agent on March 28, 2019.
• Waived by the Bills with an injury settlement on Sept. 4, 2019.
• Signed by the Bills as a free agent on Oct. 8, 2019.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on April 30, 2020.
• Was a four-year letterman (2010-13) at Louisville. Played in 46 games with six starts and posted 289 carries for 1,409 yards and 18 touchdowns to go along with 36 receptions for 359 yards and a score. Tallied 22 kickoff returns for 513 yards. Collected 30 tackles and a forced fumble on special teams.
• As a senior (2013), played in all 13 games with six starts and posted 141 carries for 677 yards and six touchdowns. Hauled in 18 receptions for 178 yards and a score. Registered seven kickoff returns for 166 yards. Notched seven tackles and a forced fumble on special teams.
• As a junior (2012), played in 11 games and notched 136 carries for 705 yards and a team-best 11 touchdowns. Added 18 receptions for 181 yards and seven kickoff returns for 137 yards. Recorded five special teams tackles.
• As a sophomore (2011), played in all 13 games and recorded 12 carries for 27 yards and a touchdown. Posted eight kickoff returns for 210 yards. Notched 11 special teams tackles and a blocked punt on special teams.
• As a true freshman (2010), saw action in nine games and collected seven tackles on special teams.
• Graduated with a degree in communications from Louisville.
• Attended Chattooga (Summerville, Ga.) High School where he played running back and linebacker.
• As a senior (2009), posted 918 rushing yards and 216 receiving yards with 12 offensive touchdowns and six return scores. Named All-state as a return specialist and All-area on defense.
• Also participated in track and field, winning state titles in the 100 meters and long jump.
• Has a son and a daughter.
• First name is pronounced suh-nah-riss.
• Follow Perry on Twitter @SenoriseP.
• Born Senorise Perry on Sept. 19, 1991 in Summerville, Ga.