The Camden County Board of Commissioners is seeking qualified applicants to serve on the Board of Assessors, District 4 and District 5 Appointments.
The Camden County Board of Assessors is a five-member board that is appointed by majority vote of the Camden County Board of Commissioners. Each County Commissioner shall nominate a member of the Board of Assessors according to the district allocation. Any nominee shall be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Commissioners.
The Board of Assessors is charged with specific administrative and statutory duties, including investigating diligently and inquiring into the property owned in the county for the purpose of ascertaining what real and personal property is subject to taxation. Also, the Board of Assessors are responsible for the approval or denial of conservation use, homestead, and special exemption applications. Each member of the board receives a monthly stipend for his or her service.
Qualifications for applicants include the following:
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must hold a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Must reside in Camden County, Georgia.
- Ability to serve a four (4) year term.
- Ability to attend two monthly scheduled meetings held the first and third Thursday of the month, at 6:00 p.m., in the Commissioner’s Chambers located on the 2nd floor of the Government Services Complex at 200 E. 4th Street in Woodbine.
- Must be able to complete 40 hours of state mandated training prior to or within 180 days of appointment.
- Must not hold any state, county or municipal office.
- Must not be immediately related to any member of the Camden County Board of Commissioners.
- Ability to actively participate in the role of the Camden County Board of Assessors.
Qualified Applicants should submit their intent to serve via the County website, www.camdencountyga.gov, featured on the homepage under Services, Online Forms, Citizen Board Application Form. If you have any questions you may call 912-576-5651. Positions shall remain open until filled.