William James Middle School has announced their new traffic plan for buses and cars.
The school’s main entrance on U.S. Highway 80 will not be used during morning and afternoon drop off and pick up of students. Families are asked to carefully review the new plan and share it with others who may assist with bringing children to and from school. For the safety of all those on our campus, law enforcement and William James administrators ask for your cooperation.
The traffic plan flyer can be seen below.
Morning Car Riders
- All vehicles will enter campus via Simons Road, and then take the first road on the right, which is the Bus Ramp driveway of the side of campus.
- Vehicles will form a cue line and drop off students at the covered walkway.
- Faculty will be stationed there to direct students into the building via the covered sidewalk and side entrance.
Morning Bus Riders
- All buses will enter campus via Simons Road, and then take the second road on the right, which is the new Knight Drive.
- They will travel to the first parking lot on the right on Knight Drive, and then release students at the designated area.
- Faculty will be stationed there to direct students into the building via the rear sidewalks and entrances.
Afternoon Car Rider
All vehicles must use Knight Drive off Simons Road
- To pick up 8th grade students or an 8th grader plus a student(s) from another grade:
- Use Knight Drive.
- Then enter the 2nd entrance of Parking Lot One.
- Follow the cue line within the parking lot to pick up student(s).
- Exit the 1st entrance of Parking Lot One and turn left on Knight Drive and follow it back to Simons Road where you may turn left or right to leave campus.
- To pick up a 6th or 7th grade student:
- Use Knight Drive
- Follow Knight Drive to the front of the school where cars will be in a cue line to pick up students.
- Exit to U.S. Hwy. 80
Afternoon Bus Riders – Buses will use the bus ramp driveway off Simons Road to pick up bus riders from the covered bus ramp on the side of the building.