Out of an abundance of caution and concern for the health and safety of its students, faculty, and community, Portal Middle High School has made the difficult decision to make more changes to its athletic program schedules due to COVID-19.
The school has canceled its Friday, November 20, varsity football game with Bryan County. Unfortunately, this was the last scheduled football game of the season.
“We are proud of our faculty, coaches, football players, cheerleaders, and band members who contributed to our 2020 season,” said Justin Chester, athletic director.
These are other changes to PMHS’s athletic schedule for the month of November:
Varsity Girls and Boys Basketball:
- Scrimmage versus Statesboro High – Cancelled
- First Varsity Girls and Boys Basketball game will now be December 1 @ Toombs County
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 – Lady Panthers @ Richmond Hill, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 – Lady Panthers @ Effingham, 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 1 (Senior Night at PMHS) – DH with Richmond Hill & Effingham, 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 3 – Lady Panthers @ Effingham vs. Dodge County, 4:15 p.m.
Please check the PMHS Athletics webpage for other schedules.