Georgia Southern University currently has a full-time position open for an HVAC Mechanic in the Mechanical Maintenance Department. Two years experience is required. Applications need to be completed before July 30, 2021.
Install, maintain, and repair campus heating and air conditioning systems, units, and related equipment. Perform skilled work in installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of food production equipment in compliance with all state, federal regulations and trade codes.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Repair pneumatic controls and calibrate thermostats
- Comply with State and Federal requirements for use, handling, and transport of all refrigerants
- Maintain inventory as to eliminate down time in production
- Select materials and equipment at a competitive price
- Keep daily log of time spent on each job and materials used
- Follow all safety and other risk management policies in performance of work
- Attend safety meetings
- Maintain, repair and clean tools, equipment, assigned service vehicle, boiler rooms, and work areas
- Install, maintain, repair, and overhaul commercial and residential heating and air conditioning equipment
- Replace compressors, fan motors, bearings, and shafts
- Perform preventive maintenance and make daily routine visual inspections of boiler rooms, heating and cooling systems, and equipment in assigned buildings and areas; check fluid levels and belt tightness
- Respond to emergency calls and/or work orders related to air conditioning, heating, hot water equipment, and ventilation systems
- Maintain chillers, cooling towers, boilers, air handlers and other commercial and residential heating and cooling equipment for campus
- Take water samples, and maintain proper chemical levels in boilers and cooling towers
- Maintain medium pressure steam boilers used for heating domestic water and preparation of food
- High school diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification or ability to obtain and maintain certification within timeline specified by department
See more information on GSU’s job listing HERE.