Valmont Industries, Inc., located at 674 Industrial Drive in Claxton, is having an in-person hiring event Thursday, February 17, 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
The company will be interviewing for two full-time positions:
- Assembler –Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the General Laborer/Assembler position in the Global Utilities Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist in various daily manufacturing production activities across multiple departments within the Global Utilities Division. Additionally, you will…
- Assist in pre-fabricating materials for the next day’s production according to engineered design prints
- Gather, inspect, repair, and replace reusable materials and components for production rotation
- Work with Quality Assurance to perform any necessary cosmetic corrections to meet quality standards
- Assemble work stations and place all correct materials in boxes
- Clean general work area and ensure equipment, tools, and materials are properly store
- Assist with inventory of shop material and supplies including unloading receiving trucks and checking received goods
- Crane Operator –Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for a Crane Operator position in the Global Utilities Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist in various daily manufacturing production activities across multiple departments within the Global Utilities Division.
- Operates traveling or stationary overhead crane to lift, move, and position loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket: Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- May attach load to hook or other crane accessory prior to operating crane and be designated Crane Operator-Hooker or Crane Operator-Hooktender.
- Inspect crane for safety issues on a daily basis.
- Participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures.
For more information and to RSVP to the event, CLICK HERE.
“Valmont Industries, Inc. is a leading producer and distributor of products and services for the infrastructure and agricultural markets. There are four primary business segments comprise Valmont: Engineered Support Structures; Coatings; Irrigation and Utility Support Structures. We manufacture products in over 80 different facilities spread across 6 continents and do business in over 23 different countries. Valmont is a publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol (VMI).
In Claxton, we design and manufacture spun concrete poles used for power transmission, power distribution, communication towers, and sports lighting for the Valmont Utility business segment. The Claxton GA plant began operations in 1985 and is strategically located to serve GA, NC, SC, TN, VA. Some of our customers include Georgia Power, Florida Power & Light, Duke Energy, Georgia Transmission Company. We employ ~ 70 employees for jobs in manufacturing, quality assurance, shipping and receiving, engineering, drafting, accounting, customer service, administrative, and management.”