UPDATE: The City of Statesboro will host a community meeting regarding the Housing Rehabilitation Program on Tuesday, April 26 at 6:00 p.m. at the City of David Worship Assembly, 227 Institute Street. The city encourages homeowners with lower incomes who occupy substandard housing to attend the meeting if they would like to be considered for rehabilitation assistance.
The City of Statesboro recently began its Housing Rehabilitation Program, created with funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The program is for homeowners with lower incomes who occupy substandard housing and would like to be considered for rehabilitation assistance.
The City of Statesboro received $12,306,220.00 ARPA funds in 2021 from the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and the Statesboro City Council approved the allocation of $5,000,000.00 of those funds to be used to provide rehabilitation or replacement housing assistance to lower-income homeowner households in the city.
Applications are open now and the deadline to apply is June 23, 2022. Applicants must meet certain criteria to be considered for the program. See the criteria and the application below.
1. Occupant household income must be at or below:
|# of Occupants in Household||Income Limit|
2. Eligible properties must be owner-occupied, not investor-owned.
3. All households served must occupy a unit with structural deficiencies. This program is designed to address housing needs, not minor structural cosmetic improvements. The maximum limit for rehabilitation costs is $50,000.
4. All units must be located within the limits of the City of Statesboro.
5. Manufactured housing must have been converted into real property if owned and occupied by the homeowner prior to selection.
6. Applicants selected for the program will need to execute a promissory note to obtain loan assistance, which will be secured with a deed of trust on the property for the duration of the note.
See the pdf application below.Homeowner-Application-housing rehab statesboro
Anyone with questions is asked to contact the City of Statesboro’s Planning & Development Department at 912-764-0630 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.