The City of Statesboro will meet for its regularly scheduled city council meeting on Tuesday, September 6th at 9:00 A.M. at City Hall.
Below is the agenda for the council meeting:
1. Call to Order by Mayor Jan J. Moore
2. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance by Councilman Jeff Yawn
3. Recognitions/Public Presentations:
A) Presentation of Retirement for Thomas Hendrix, Maintenance Worker, Public Works Department, after 13 years of service.
B) Recognition of Alex Smith, County Coordinator for Concerted Services, Inc., with an update on the utility discount program.
C) Recognition of the recent hiring of Tracy Nesmith for the Fire Prevention Officer position and the promotion of Chris Applebee to Lieutenant within the Statesboro Fire Department.
4. Public Comments (Agenda Item):
5. Consideration of a Motion to approve the Consent Agenda
A) Approval of Minutes
a) 08-16-2016 Council Minutes
b) 08-16-2016 Executive Session Minutes
B) Consideration of a Motion to award the purchase of a regular cab truck to Allan Vigil Ford, Inc. per State of Georgia Purchasing Contract # SWC 99999-SPDES49199373-0002 in the amount of $21,820.00 for the Engineering Division. This truck was approved by City Council in the budget in the amount of $26,000.00 using General Fund CIP funds.
C) Consideration of a Motion to award the purchase of a regular cab truck to Allan Vigil Ford, Inc. per State of Georgia Purchasing Contract # SWC 99999-SPDES49199373-0002 in the amount of $21,820.00 for the Stormwater Division. This truck was approved by City Council in the budget in the amount of $26,000.00 using Stormwater revenue funds.
D) Consideration of a Motion to set the due date of December 20, 2016 for the City of Statesboro Property Tax Bills.
6. Consideration of a Motion to approve an application for the Alcohol Ordinance Sec.6- 17(d) “Exemptions to Open Container Prohibition” that will allow for a one day event on October 22, 2016 from 2:00 pm until 10:00 pm. a) Eagle Creek Brewing Company
7. Consideration of a Motion to adopt Ordinance 2016-08: An Ordinance to adopt the amended City of Statesboro Speed Control Ordinance and the accompanying Lists of Street number 08242016 in order to enforce speed limits within the city limits utilizing speed detection devices.
8. Consideration of a Motion to award a contract to Southeastern Civil, Inc. for the “Beasley Road Drainage Improvements” in the amount of $227,800.00. Construction to be paid for through 2013 SPLOST funds, Project # STM-113.
9. Considerations of a Motion to award the purchase of a CNG refuse truck to New Way Manufacturing per the NJPA contract, in the amount of $307,788.05. This truck is budgeted in fiscal year 2017 from 2013 SPLOST funds under CIP# SWC-8.
10. Consideration of a Motion to approve a contract for Engineering Services to Amec Foster Wheeler Engineering in the base amount of 115,000.00 and a “Not to Exceed” amount of $160,000.00.
11. Consideration of a Motion to approve Resolution 2016-34: A Resolution setting the millage rate for ad valorem (property) taxes for the 2016 calendar year for the city of Statesboro, Georgia at 6.358.
12. Consideration of a Motion to approve Resolution 2016-35: A Resolution to approve the amendment of the City of Statesboro’s Georgia Municipal Association 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan Adoption Agreement.
13. Other Business from City Council
14. City Managers Comments
15. Public Comments (General)
16. Consideration of a Motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss “Personnel Matters” in accordance with O.C.G.A.§50-14-3 (2012)
17. Consideration of a Motion to Adjourn