Both the Bulloch County Commissioner and the Statesboro City Council will meet Tuesday, April 19, 2016.
The Bulloch County Board of Commissioners will meet at 8:30 A.M. at the City Annex.
The Statesboro City Council will meet at 5:30 P.M. at the Statesboro City Hall. The complete City Council packet is available here. Below is the agenda for the April 19th meeting.
- Call to Order by Mayor Jan J. Moore
- Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance by Councilman John Riggs
- Recognitions/Public Presentations
A) Proclamation for “Manufacturing Appreciation Week”
B) “America’s Best Community” presentation
- Public Comments (Agenda Item):
- Consideration of a Motion to approve the Consent Agenda
A) Approval of Minutes a) 04-05-2016 Council Minutes b) 04-05-2016 Executive Session Minutes
B) Consideration of a Motion to adopt Resolution 2016-19 : A Resolution accepting the right of way of Pitcher Plant Way and Independence Way as public streets to be owned and maintained by the City of Statesboro, Georgia.
- Consideration of a Motion to approve APPLICATION # RZ 16-03-01: William B. Morgan and Amy Morgan request a zoning map amendment for 1.38 acres of property located at 23320 Highway 80 East from O (Office) zoning district to CR (Commercial Retail) zoning district in order to utilize the space for retail businesses (Tax Parcel # MS92 000095 000).
- Consideration of a Motion to approve APPLICATION # SE 16-02-01: Brason Investments, LLC requests a Special Exception for .38 acres of property located at 101 Hawthorne Road to utilize the existing single-family residence as an office (Tax Parcel # MS74 000085 000).
- Consideration of a Motion to approve RESOLUTION 2016-18: A Resolution authorizing the waiver of any payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT) by the Statesboro Housing Authority to the City of Statesboro for the 2015 tax year in the amount of $21,337.33.
- Consideration of a motion to approve the allocation of funding and purchase of 55 Watch Guard Vista Body Worn Cameras, software and antennas. The amount not to exceed $80,205.00. The funding coming from FY2016 SPLOST and Seized Funds. Watch Guard is the Sole Source Provider for these body worn cameras and software. They are compatible with existing and future in car systems utilized by SPD.
- Consideration of a Motion to award a contract to provide general liability insurance, per negotiated terms, for a 15 month coverage period to Travelers in the amount of $570,284.00. This coverage will commence in May of 2016 and end in August of 2017. This will bring the general liability policy in alignment with the workers compensation insurance policy in an effort to market them together as one package in the future.
- Consideration of a Motion to award a contract to provide property and equipment insurance coverage for the City of Statesboro Fire Department to VFIS in the amount of $39,204.00. This covers only the Fire Department property and equipment as all other insurance coverage will remain under the Travelers policy. VFIS specializes in Fire Department property and equipment coverage as they provide current value replacement rates as well as specialized training programs.
- Consideration of a Motion to approve the “Statesboro Police Department Towing Rotation Agreement” template for use by the Statesboro Police Department to regulate Towing companies performing towing services at the request of the Statesboro Police Department
- Other Business from City Council
- City Managers Comments A) Chief of Police search
- Public Comments (General)
- Consideration of a Motion to enter into Executive Session to discuss “Personnel Matters” in accordance with O.C.G.A.§50-14-3 (2012)
- Consideration of a Motion to Adjourn