The Statesboro-Bulloch County Parks & Recreation Department (SBCPRD) is now accepting applications for its Building Bulloch Pride (BBP) Program for youth ages 13 to 15. The program provides young teens, who are too old to attend a day camp program and not old enough to be a paid SBCPRD counselor, the opportunity to develop the social, physical, emotional and mental skills necessary to become a possible Youth Program Counselor and volunteer when they are older.
BBP participants volunteer with local businesses and organizations where they learn different ways to give back to our community. They also work as a counselor in training with the SBCPRD’s Summer Day Camp program. The recreation department transports participants to the different locations each week . Participants assist in all-day camp activities as well as complete at least three weeks of volunteer time at participating organizations. Volunteering more is an option.
If you or someone you know is interested in this program, these are the requirements:
- Complete the full BBP application (attached below or available at SBCPRD).
- Complete 2-3 training days;Summer Program Staff Training & Orientation and any organizational meetings.
- Go through interview process with camp counselors.
- Cost of the program is $25 for the summer and will cover t-shirts for each participant as well as transportation throughout the summer.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and competency
The main objective of BBP is to offer an educational and recreational alternative for middle and high school youth and develop exceptional future counselors and activity specialists for the SBCPRD’s current and future programs. For more information, contact Kimberly Sharpe at (912) 489-9087 or email@example.com.