Contractors for the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) will implement overnight lane closures in the Marietta area on I-75 in Cobb County this weekend to continue milling, inlay and resurfacing activities.
Weather permitting, these are the lane closures scheduled for Thursday, May 2 through Sunday, May 5, from 9:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. the following mornings:
- Three left lanes will be closed on I-75 northbound between Terrell Mill bridge and North Marietta Pkwy (Thursday, May 2).
- South Marietta Pkwy entrance ramp to I-75 southbound will be closed (Thursday, May 2). Message boards will direct traffic to use detour.
- Three left lanes will be closed on I-75 northbound between the Windy Hill and Canton Road exits,
- Three right lanes will be closed on I-75 southbound between the Canton Road and Delk Road exits, and
- The South Marietta Parkway exit (263) will be closed. Message boards will direct traffic to use detour.
Overhead signs and message boards in the Marietta area will alert drivers of the closures in advance. These major closures reduce prolonged impacts to the traveling public by condensing the crews and equipment needed and ensuring safety for workers and drivers. Motorists are advised to plan alternate routes to their destinations and/or allow extra travel time for traffic delays.
The project is scheduled for completion in summer 2019; because of the materials used, resurfacing activities cannot be performed in cooler weather.
As always, motorists traveling in the area are reminded to reduce their speeds in the work zone. Motorists are also encouraged to wear seatbelts, eliminate distractions behind the wheel, and plan their routes before getting on the road by calling 511 for real-time information on work status and traffic conditions.